February 06, 2010

Immortalised CD review I

My dear friend from Germany wrote a review to me after he get his copy of Immortalised. It was very touching, and I asked him to write a public review. I translated it in English, here's the engl. version. You'll find the german original version at my german page.
Thanks to Wolfgang!

PS: There are other reviews comming soon.


"Hi all you music freaks out there, somewhere, worldwide, with the insatiably desire and greed for good and new music. If you feel addressed, I have a hot tip for you.

It's a matter of the CD „Immortalised“ by Raven Mackay!!!
First things first. For me there's no weak or bad song on the album. I only like one more than the other, but they are all good!
I like the cover and all artwork a lot, too. The CD looks already fine............
but now to the songs:
1. Immortalised: it is really the perfect opener...no other song would pass as good for the first song
2.Tunes of War: one of my favourites out of three......my first thought was....the song would be mega-cool for a western soundtrack, and I still think so.... close your eyes turn up LOUD, and imagine all the mountains and the scenarios of the old wild west... fits perfect
3.Viktor: is also one of my three faves....epic song, and now even more throught the awesome video. Cool, wicked Thin Lizzy and Maiden guitars....
4. the pain in me .... really hot......with terrific rhythm-changes
5. Crying Whales – just GREAT....has a very special ambience....
6. Reproach: great song, strong ballade
7. Soundtack of your Life: beautiful guitar melodies, wicked change in tempo
8. Welcome to your funeral: commences like a childrens song, and developes as a cool metal song. Aaaawesome
9. Something in the dark: thriiiiillller
10. Farewell: fantastic orchestral sound, would suite as a great soundtack
11. Shot in the Dark: Cool song, but the sound isn't very good, the guitar is to silent to me.

It's important to say, there's no vocals on this CD.... it's absolutelly instrumental, but Raven's guitar repaces the vocal-parts.... give a listen, to make short work.... buy it, and you'll enjoy Raven's songs for sure!
Keep on rocking with heart and soul!!!!!!!!"

Wolfgang Gürster; www.rock-shot.com

1 comment:

  1. I was excited to read the review of Raven's cd and thought I'd offer some comments; This album is like a soundscape, it's easy to put on a set of headphones, close your eyes and watch a movie in your head. The music is arranged xtremly well and features great keyboard work, heavy rhythm guitars, some very cool melody lines as well as some really good lead work. Immortalized, & Tunes of War have a stentorian gothic feel. Viktor is a standout as are the beauticull Crying Whales, "Soundtrack" ( a fitting title) Something in the Dark and the Haunting ( Scottish sounding to me)"Farewell"; the cd plays like a concept album & is one of those musical landscapes that you need to explore more than once to get the feel for it's epoch-ness.
    Review by Adam R. Bissing

    ReplyDelete